With Kale Pesto & Roasted Root Vegetables
Socca is popular street food in Nice, France, and is often enjoyed as an appetizer with a glass of crisp rosé. Smothered in kale pesto then topped with roasted root vegetables(I used sweet potatoes, carrots,
This socca flatbread is a naturally gluten-free, vegan bread recipe that can be whipped up in minutes. Only eight ingredients stand in your way from enjoying socca flatbread with kale pesto & roasted root vegetables as a quick snack, to eat alongside a meal, or piled on with fixings for a quick pizza fix.
- 1 1/4 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 8 ounces Root Vegetables Diced
- 4 ounces Curly Kale
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chile Flakes
- 8 teaspoons Olive Oil 4 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (2105 °C). Add the garbanzo bean flour and 1 cup water to a medium bowl and whisk well. Peel and grate just 1 garlic clove with a microplane into the bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and ⅛ tsp salt. Whisk batter again and set aside until Step 4.
- Add the diced root vegetables to a baking sheet and toss with 2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until tender and browned in places, about 14 to 16 minutes.
- Destem the kale. Peel the remaining garlic clove. Add the remaining garlic, kale leaves, cream cheese, almonds, as much of the red chili flakes as you’d like, ½ tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 tbsp olive oil to a food processor. Blend kale pesto until smooth.
- Place a large oven-safe nonstick skillet over high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, whisk the batter again, add to the hot skillet, and tilt the skillet so the batter covers the entire pan.
- Cook, undisturbed, until socca begins to bubble, about 4 to 5 minutes. Set the oven to broil on low. Transfer the skillet to the oven to broil until crisp, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Once the socca crust is browned on the edges, remove the skillet from the oven. Spread the kale pesto over the crust and top with the roasted root vegetables.
- Transfer the socca pizza onto a cutting board and divide to serve.