With Cashew Butter & Coconut Cream
The Wickedly Nutritious Choco Vegan Pie magic is creamy, rich, smooth like the best chocolate pudding-meets-mousse-meets-chocolate-pots-de-creme of your life. It’s not icy or weirdly textured at all, as many alternative-type frozen desserts can be.
This super hippy dippy vegan pie has a filling that is so easy and so undetectably dairy-free it’s ridiculous since there’s no milk in it or cream. All the vegan ingredients are just an arm span away – it’s just all things you could buy at your regular grocery store. My favorite kind of recipe.
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust Or any crust of choice
- 1 package Silken Firm Tofu Drained & patted dry
- 12 ounce Vegan Chocolate Chips Dairy-free
- 1/2 can Coconut Cream Dairy-free
- 1/2 cup Cashew Butter
- 2 tablespoon Chocolate Syrup Sugar free
- Prepare the crust by combining silken tofu, coconut cream, cashew butter and chocolate syrup in a food processor until it reaches a fine meal. Remove and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second increments. Once melted, work quickly to add to a blender along with the tofu and coconut cream. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour over crust and smooth. Cover and freeze until set. Alternatively, refrigerate for at least 12 hours or until pretty firm. For easiest serving and longer storage, freeze.