Ahh, pizza night. A thing to be cherished! Afterall, when it comes to comfort food, nothing gets us quite like Italian food does.
Talk to Italians about vegan cuisine and you’ll be faced with a real divide. There are those who wholeheartedly embrace the philosophy of a diet free from animal products and those who won’t as a matter of principle and think of veganism as pure blasphemy.
Not convinced? This pizza recipe will definitely make everyone’s mouth water!
Vegan Italian Pizza
- 2 Vegan Italian Sausage Links Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds Dried
- 6 White Mushrooms Thickly sliced
- 1/2 Green Pepper 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 White Onion Roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes In Oil Chopped
- 1 cup Vegan Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan
- 1/2 can Pizza Sauce
- 1 Pizza Dough Of your choice
- Saute Italian sausage and sliced garlic in 1 tsp olive oil, sprinkled with fennel seeds for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms continue to cook 2 minutes. Add green pepper and onion, continue to saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sundried tomatoes. Set aside.
- Brush pizza dough with extra virgin olive oil. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the Sauteed Italian sausage-vegetable mixture over pizza.
- Bake at 475 °F (247 °C) for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle parmesan over pizza and return to oven for 1 minute.