With Purple Sweet Potatoes and Orange Ginger Dressing
Superfoods are all the rage right now and we’re taking our favorites and including them in a delicious and nutritious bowl that are sure to please.
With this awesome recipe you can make your own uber-trendy meal bowls at home for half the cost of all the restaurants out there (not to mention less calories)! Plus, this superfoods bowl features a power-packed superfood to give you a unique health boost.
A meal that’s healthy but also satisfying and comforting!
- 8 ounces Purple Sweet Potatoes
- 3/4 cup Red Quinoa
- 1/4 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 Orange
- 1 Ginger Fresh
- 2 tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Blueberries dried
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (219 °C). Cut the purple sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tsp vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until crisp in places and lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine the red quinoa, 1 1/4 cups water, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Cook until the grains burst and all of the water is absorbed 12 to 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the macadamia nuts. Roughly chop the baby spinach.
- Supreme the orange by trimming both ends. Set the fruit on end and cut the skin from its flesh, beginning at the top and following the curve down. Cut out each section of the fruit by inserting the blade of the knife between the flesh and the membrane on both sides. Lastly, squeeze the membrane juices into the bowl and set the wedges aside in another small bowl.
- Grate the ginger with a Microplane. Add the ginger, white miso, sesame oil, and 1 tbsp water to the medium bowl with the orange juice. Whisk the orange ginger dressing to combine. If you prefer a thinner dressing, add more water.
- Place the spinach into shallow bowls and top with the red quinoa, roasted purple sweet potato wedges, chopped macadamia nuts, dried blueberries, and orange segments. Drizzle with orange miso dressing, then serve.