Singapore noodles isn’t necessarily a dish that originated in Singapore. It has been a favorite of mine for many years.
It’s both a spicy and sweet, dry noodle dish popular in Cantonese restaurants in Hong Kong but unlikely to be found in Singapore itself.
Speaking of easy to make, this recipe requires just simple ingredients and about 30 minutes to prepare.
Another perk? You likely have the ingredients in your kitchen right now that are part of this yummy dish!
- 1/4 bag Soy Curls soaked and dried
- 5 ounces Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion sliced thin
- 1 cup Match Stick Carrots
- 1 Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cups Shredded Cabbage
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup JUSTEGG optional
- 1 pinch Black Salt (Kala Namak) optional
- 1/8 teaspoon Chili Flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Mirin or white wine
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce/Tamari/Bragg's
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Fish Sauce
- 1.5 teaspoon Sugar
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by combining mirin, sesame oil, soy sauce, vegan fish sauce and 1 tsp sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet/wok over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook soy curls, stirring frequently until browned approximately 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet then stirfry onion for 2 minutes, add 1/2 tsp sugar and continue to cook for another minute. Add carrots, bell pepper, cabbage, and garlic. Continue cooking until just wilted, approximately 4 minutes. Push veggies to the sides of the skillet and add a drop of oil, then pour in the JUSTEGG, scrambling and chopping it up a bit with the spatula. Sprinkle with black salt(kala namak) then mix into the veggies. Remove mixture and set aside with tofu curls.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the noodles into thirds and fluff them up. Add 1-2 teaspoons oil to the skillet, then add the cooked noodles and stir fry them over medium heat about 2-3 minutes, letting them soften a bit. Add the chili flakes, stirring 1 minute.
- Spread the noodles out in the skillet. Return veggies and soy curls. Sprinkle with curry powder, salt and turmeric then toss and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour the prepared sauce into the noodles. Toss and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until noodles are almost dry. Enjoy.