Vegan Potato Leek Soup – the combination of creamy potatoes, delicate leeks with herbal notes of rosemary and thyme will have you going back for seconds!
Potatoes are total comfort food and blending them up in a creamy soup with leeks and onions and spices and garlic and all kinds of good stuff, well you know it’s going to be great!
It’s dairy-free, gluten-free and just good for you, too! Everything you want a soup to be!
It’s warming, comforting, hearty, satisfying and oh, soooo delicious!
This hearty and comforting meal is filling, satisfying and will have you coming back for more!
Potato Leek Soup
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3-4 Large Leeks white and light green parts
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 2 pound Russet Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 14 ounces Coconut Milk can
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chives fresh chopped or dried for garnish
- Truffle Oil optional
- Slice white and light green parts of leeks lengthwise. Wash thoroughly, pat dry and slice.
- Heat a large stockpot/dutch oven over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Saute onion, leeks, and garlic until leeks softened, approximately 10 minutes. Stir in thyme, rosemary, and coriander and continue to saute another minute or 2 to release aromatics.
- Add potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves. Stir in coconut milk. Blend soup with an immersion blender, or transfer to a countertop blender, and blend until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To serve, drizzle with truffle oil(optional) and sprinkle with chives.