With Mushrooms & Rice Noodles
A really quick and easy vegetable laksa recipe, the perfect healthy and delicious lunch for busy parents!
On the menu for lunch, today is this delicious but super easy Vegan Laksa with Mushrooms & Rice Noodles. It literally takes just 35 minutes to prep and cook, perfect for busy parents to whip up mid-week. As well as being very healthy, this recipe is super comforting and filling and definitely doesn’t feel like you a depriving yourself.
So friends, a bowl of laksa soup is perfect to way to enjoy cold fall-winter or evening. Blend a batch of laksa paste in advance, then make vegan laksa soup for dinner in just 35 minutes. Find your favorite comfy couch in the house. Sip the soup and slurp the noodles.
Wish you wonderful day ahead. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 2 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 ounce Fresh Ginger sliced
- 1 bunch Shallot peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeño deeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 1 Zucchini sliced into 1/2 moons
- 5 ounces Mini Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 5 ounces Green Beans cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Lime zested
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 7 ounces Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 1/4 ounce Gresh Cilantro chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Soak cashews in boiling water while preparing vegetables. Add the cashews to a blender with 1/4 cup hot tap water. Then add garlic, ginger, shallot, jalapeno, curry powder, paprika, and tamari.
- Blend the laksa paste until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the laksa paste and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant and toasted, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth and salt, bring to a simmer.
- Once the curry sauce is simmering, add the green beans. Return to boil and cook 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and mushrooms, return to boil and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the lime zest and juice from half of the lime. Stir in rice Noodles.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.