With Gardein Chicken Strips
You’ll feel like you’re on vacation in the Islands when you try this Vegan Jamaican Jerk Rasta Pasta!
I was tired of the same old pasta sauces, scampi, red sauce, pesto etc. My husband had wanted jerk gardein chicken strips and I wanted pasta. We had combined it before with the other sauces. He said let’s add the jerk strips to the pasta. Then a lightbulb went off that I had a similar dish in a Brooklyn NY restaurant ( of course that was a few years ago when I still ate meat) I figure why not. Anything can be
Jamaican Jerk Rasta Pasta
- 1 pound Linguine Pasta Or pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Thinly sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper Thinly sliced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper Thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning Hot or mild, depending on your tolerance
- 1 cup Better Than Boullion Vegetable Base Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 packs Gardein Chicken Strips
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 1 pack Earth Grown Mozzarella Shreds Aldi
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, stopping 1 to 2 minutes short of the recommended cooking time so that the pasta is nice and al dente. Drain, return to pot and set aside
- Rub the chicken strips with 1 tablespoon of the jerk seasoning and fry in the oil until browned and well done, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté the peppers, garlic, and the remaining tablespoon jerk seasoning ( you will have leftover oil from the strips do not add more) sauté until tender.
- Once peppers are tender add the broth, coconut milk and half of the mozzarella shreds to make a sauce.
- Then add the chicken strips and pasta and toss well to coat.
- Top with the remaining shreds. Serve hot.