Vegan Oil-free Hearty Italian White Bean Basil Soup is full of Italian herbs and fresh basil and is super hearty thanks to protein-rich white beans and hearty rice. This will have your house smelling absolutely amazing too!
This Vegan Italian Cannellini Stew is rich and hearty and loaded with iron, fiber, and protein. Your family will love it!!
This is loaded with fresh vegetables and Italian seasoning. This is one of those soups that begs to be served with thick pieces of good crusty Italian bread.
This soup is similar to the popular Italian ribollita soup, but we thicken this soup by blending a small amount of it rather than adding slices of bread to it.
Cooking a warming soup like this is a no brainer, it takes just a few basic ingredients like cannellini beans, garlic and olive oil, some of the cheapest cupboard staples.
This is not an average bean soup, this is an awesome Italian white bean soup with big bold flavors. Everyone loves it!
Italian Cannellini Stew
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Carrot sliced
- 1 Celery Stalk sliced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 can Cannellini Beans rinsed and drained
- 2 Vegan Italian Sausages sliced
- 1.5 teaspoon Herbs De Provence
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1-2 Zucchini sliced in 1/4 moons
- 4 ounces Greens(Kale, Spinach, Chard) chopped
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot/dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the sliced sausage and cook until browned, tossing occasionally, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pot, set aside.
- Add another 1Tbsp oil to the pot, then add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery; saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes. Add the cannellini beans, herbs de Provence, tomato paste and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chopped greens and zucchini to the pot and simmer until vegetables are just tender, another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Return sausage to pot and squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon in. Season with 1 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Serve topped with vegan parmesan and crusty bread.