The BEST Homemade Vegan Cornbread recipe is so moist and made with easy-to-find ingredients. It’s an easy plant-based recipe that’s vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, butter-free, contains no refined sugar and can be prepared in few minutes!
This recipe is made with only 8 easy ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Try to buy organic ingredients, especially the cornmeal, whenever possible…
It’s perfect with a warm soup, bowl of chili or stew. It fits perfectly into the category of vegan comfort food! It’s great with chili or just on its own with vegan butter or maple syrup.
It’s sooooo delicious and we can’t get enough of it around here!
Vegan Corn Bread
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Unflavored Plant Milk
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 1/4 cups Cornmeal
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar I used coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan or 9-inch round cake pan with the cooking spray.
- Combine ground flax seeds with 3 Tbsp water. Let sit 10 minutes before using it. Melt vegan butter.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter, plant milk and flax egg with a fork or wire whisk until well mixed. In a separate bowl combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour batter into the pan; use a rubber spatula to scrape batter from the bowl. Spread batter evenly in pan and smooth top of batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.