This Vegan Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake is so easy to make, super fruity, and is topped off with a delicious and healthy “cream” frosting.
This sweet and zesty snack can be whipped up in just a couple of minutes, but you can enjoy the goodness all week!
It’s undetectably vegan and gluten-free, relatively healthy, rich and buttery, moist and fluffy, fresh and citrusy, dotted with jammy blueberries, covered in a rich, tangy “cream” frosting and uses simple ingredients,
This is honestly set to become your new favorite cake recipe!
The recipe is super versatile and flexible, and it can easily be adapted to suit your dietary needs or convenience
Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 Lemon zest
- 2 cups Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Sugar I used turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Butter melted
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray with flour. Combine ground flaxseed with 1/4 cup water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare crumb topping by combining sugar, flour, and vegan butter. Mix with fork until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flax mixture, applesauce, vanilla and milk, and lemon zest. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350º for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and remove ring.
- Prepare icing by whisking together powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a thin glaze. Drizzle icing on the cake. Cool completely before serving.