With Dijon Lentils & Green Beans
Artichokes pair beautifully with anything creamy. In this recipe, we top them with a crunchy walnut crust to take the veggies to another level. Then, we pair the artichokes with satisfying Dijon lentils and roasted green beans that bring a good crunch!
I am so ecstatically happy on how delicious this recipe turned out. The addition of walnuts was absolutely perfect; it gave this dish just the right amount of texture and flavor. Simple ingredients, so much flavor, and full of healthy goodness!
Walnut Crusted Artichokes
- 3/4 cup French Lentils
- 6 Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Vegenaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Shallot
- 6 ounces Green Beans
- 2 ounces Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 teaspoons Champagne Vinegar
- 1 packet Dijon Mustard
- 1 lemon
- Combine the French lentils, 2 cups water, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring lentils to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until tender, about 18 to 20 minutes. Drain any remaining water and transfer lentils to a medium bowl.
- Rinse and dry the produce. Drain the artichokes and halve lengthwise. Finely chop the parsley leaves. Finely chop the walnuts. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, walnuts, vegenaise, as much of the red chili flakes as you’d like, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Set the oven to broil on low. Place the artichokes on a baking sheet cut-side up and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Broil until crispy on the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes. Peel and mince the shallot. Trim the green beans. Chop the roasted red peppers.
- Once the lentils are cooked, add the minced shallot, roasted red peppers, champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season Dijon lentils with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Move the roasted artichokes to one side of the baking sheet. Spread the walnut crust over each of the artichokes. Add the green beans to the empty side of the baking sheet and toss only the green beans in any residual oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until green beans are just tender and walnut crust begins to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Zest the lemon onto the finished artichokes and green beans. Cut the lemon into wedges. Divide the Dijon lentils and green beans between plates and top with the walnut-crusted artichokes. Serve with the lemon wedges.