With Sweet Potato Lentil Mash & Coleslaw
Tired of ordinary dishes that you can eat during your meal?
If that’s the case, this recipe will satisfy your grumbling stomach. I present to you BBQ Portobello Caps with Sweet Potato Lentil Mash and Coleslaw.
A dish that is full of delicious flavor and a dish that is so satisfying for you and for your loved ones.
This recipe uses healthy ingredients such as coleslaw or combination of green and red cabbage, grated carrots and sliced scallions, vegan mayonnaise, vegan sour cream, celery salt, and red lentils that is good for your health and to the health for your family.
You can use different recipes every time you make coleslaw, because variety is the spice of life. And if you’re looking for an easy crowd-pleaser BBQ, portobello caps then this is perfect for you. This recipe works well as your meal or even as an impressive dish for your family and even for your guests. Try this recipe. It is easy, it’s fun, and it’s really delicious. This is the perfect dish for you and for your family.
The combination of the ingredients used to make the dish is really tasty. It is packed with flavors.
No need to worry about the taste, because this recipe can assure you that it will be loved by everyone who tastes it.
BBQ Portobello Caps with Sweet Potato Lentil Mash & Coleslaw
- 6 cups Coleslaw Mix (or combination of green and red cabbage, grated carrots and sliced scallions)
- ¾ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion minced
- 2 tablespoons Sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dry Mustard
- 2 teaspoon Celery Salt
- 4 pieces Large Portobello Caps
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 pound Sweet Potato (1 large, peeled & cubed
- ½ cup Red Lentils
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill chopped (2 tsp dried)
- 1 piece Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- Coleslaw – Wisk together vegan mayonnaise, vegan sour cream, red onion, sugar, 2 Tbsp vinegar, dry mustard and celery salt. Pour as much dressing as you like over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Mash – Add the red lentils, potato, 1 & 1/4 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are soft and the potatoes are fork-tender, approximately 12 minutes. Drain. Add extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic and dill. Gently mash, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- BBQ Portobello Mushrooms – Wipe mushrooms with a wet towel. Score caps in a cross cross pattern then brush with olive oil. Place mushroom caps side down on a preheated grill. Cook 7 minutes. Turn over, brush caps with BBQ sauce and continue to cook another 7 minutes, or until mushrooms cooked. Continue to brush caps with BBQ sauce while cooking.
- Serve BBQ mushroom caps over sweet potato lentil mash with coleslaw on the side.