Egg Foo Young (or egg fu yung, or basically any other spelling variation you can think of) is a Chinese egg omelet dish made with vegetables like carrots, peas and bell peppers with an easy gravy topping. This time we will veganized this very awesome dish.
This dish is made with all sorts of ingredients – it sometimes has meat or seafood, but this Vegan Style Justegg Foo Yung is just packed with veggies (the Justeggs give it plenty of protein anyway!). It can come in a few different forms – sometimes it’s more of a structured omelet, but I like to make mine a bit messier. Phentermine diet pills http://www.pharmacynewbritain.com/phentermine/
A classic Chinese egg dish with plenty of veggies – so simple, but so much flavour! And healthy too!
Tramadol online http://sellersvillepharmacy.com/tramadol.php
Justegg Foo Yung
- 12 ounces Justegg 1 bottle
- 1.5 tablespoon Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 – 2 Carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts 2 inches chopped
- 3/4 cup Mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 cup Napa Cabbage shredded
- 3 Green Onions sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Mirin optional
- 1/2 tablespoon Vegan Oyster Sauce optional
- 1 tablespoon Tamari Soy Sauce or soy sauce
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth chicken-flavored
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Oyster sauce optional
- 1 tablespoon mirin or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cook rice according to package directions if using.
- Wisk together JUSTEGG and garbanzo bean flour and set aside for 15 minutes before using.
- If using shitake mushrooms saute in a large skillet for 2 minutes. Add napa cabbage and continue to saute for another minute. Remove vegetables from heat, set aside.
- Prepare gravy in a small saucepan by heating all ingredients except cornstarch until boiling. Whisk together cornstarch with 3 Tbsp water to combine. Whisk mixture into boiling broth and continue to whisk until it thickens slightly about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1/2 Tbsp vegan oyster sauce, 1/2 Tbsp mirin, and 1 Tbsp tamari to JUSTEGG, whisk to combine. Stir in all the vegetables except green onion.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a little oil. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop JUSTEGG mixture into the pan, (cooking 2 to 3 at a time).
- Spread the vegetables out slightly, then as JUSTEGG cooks slightly, bring the sides in with a spatula to form a circular omelet. Cook 3 minutes, flip and cook 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with black salt if desired.
- Serve over rice, smothered in gravy then sprinkle green onions.