Are you a fan of salad, potato and egg? Do you know that you can create potato salad with egg in a vegan way? If no, then you are in the right place to know that 🙂
This is not your traditional potato salad with eggs in it. This recipe is a combination of ingredients that really works for each other so that even you, a non-eater of potato salad with “egg”, will love it.
Once you’ve tasted this, it will be one of your favorite recipes when it comes to making a salad recipe.
If you like potato salad recipes, then this recipe is the next simple and delicious recipe you have to try and taste.
This potato salad with “egg” is very simple to make. With a few tricks, you’ll be making it like a pro in no time!
This potato salad recipe airs on the classic, more traditional side, but it does have a couple of tweaks.
For the salad dressing, this recipe uses vegan mayonnaise that is good for the health. This potato salad with egg is full of goodness and flavors that is into everyone’s taste.
For any warm-weather get-togethers, this potato salad-with-egg recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
No need to worry about your time because it is so easy to make and it is tasty for you and for your family!
Potato Salad w/ “EGG”
- 1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Kala Namak (black salt)
- 25 pieces Mini Potatoes cooked and cooled (best if refrigerated 6+ hours)
- 1 piece Large Shallot chopped
- ⅔ cup Celery chopped
- ⅓ cup Dill Pickle Relish (or chopped dill pickles)
- ¾ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dill dried
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Smash chickpeas in a bowl with a potato masher, then mix in kala namak. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, relish/pickles, apple cider vinegar, sugar, dill and paprika. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut potatoes into quarters. In a separate large bowl, combine potatoes, shallots, celery and chickpeas.
- Add dressing to potato mixture and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Tastes best the next day.