This Vegan Apple & Cream Cheez Puff Pastry is like a cross between an apple danish and a strudel.
This recipe is super easy, delicious, and it looks super impressive to boot. Combine all the ingredients, and you have absolute fall magic.
Fill these puff pastries with tender apples and cream cheese for a whole new spin on apple desserts. It is delicious, irresistible, and wrapped in light and flaky pastry that is into everyone’s taste.
This apple cream cheese puff pastry is seriously so easy to make that tastes like a fancy treat. Once you eat it, you will be reminded about apple danish and a strudel.
It is absolutely scrumptious and such a crowd-pleaser for everyone.
The result will surely be turned out wonderful that is into everyone’s taste. It’s a tasty twist on an all-time favorite dessert!!!
Apple & Cream Cheez Pastry
- 1 sheet Vegan Puff Pastry thawed
- 3 pieces Large Granny Smith Apples peeled and roughly chopped(approximately 4 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 8 ounces Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- A Little Plant Milk to brush pastry
- 1-2 tablespoon Turbinado Sugar
- Stir together apples, lemon juice and salt in a medium saucepan. Add 3 tbsp sugar and flour and stir again.
- Over medium heat, cook apples for 7 to 8 minutes. Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together 1/2 cup sugar with vegan cream cheese and vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unfold puff pastry onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spread cream cheese mixture down center of puff pastry lengthwise. Top cream cheese with apple mixture.
- Use a sharp knife to cut strips on a diagonal along both sides of puff pastry; about 12 strips on each side.
- Fold the strips over the top of the apple & cream cheese mixture to create a braided look, until all of the strips are in place. Seal both ends with a little water. (Look up braided puff pastry online for examples).
- Brush pastry with a little plant-based milk then sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until pastry is golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing.