With Black Beans and Tomatoes
Packed with veggies, this delicious chili recipe is the one to beat.
Fresh sweet potatoes paired with black beans and canned tomatoes, then finished with a smoky chipotle barbecue sauce makes for an effortless and hearty chili.
I’ve made this dish umpteen times in the last few years – sometimes I make it just for us to enjoy around our dinner table, sometimes I make it to freeze it and have for later, and sometimes I make it for a big potluck gathering we’re having. It’s absolutely a crowd-pleaser!
Why wait? Try this vegetarian chili recipe tonight!
Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Carrots diced
- 1 1/2 cup Green Pepper chopped
- 2 Ears Fresh Corn, Cooked & Stripped or 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 Sweet Potato diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 4 cups Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 28 ounces Can Tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle In Adobo
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cilantro chopped(optional)
- In Dutch oven or skillet, over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp oil. Saute corn until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add an additional 1 Tbsp oil to Dutch oven/skillet then cook onions and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and green pepper and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, spices and chipotle in adobo and heat to release aromatics, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, including charred corn, salt, and 1 cup water. Bring to boil then reduced heat and simmer covered for approximately 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with chopped cilantro(optional).