Craving for some stew and chickpea? No need to look or search because this recipe will help you to your cravings.
This easy chickpea stew will be one of our favorite go-to dinners!
It is packed with flavor, and at the same time hearty and filling, and super quick to make. It’s super hearty and satisfying, full of flavor, and it would surely be one of your go-to recipes for a quick and easy dinner.
This recipe will guarantee you that you will be making this dish for years and you will absolutely love it and will not regret it.
As if this recipe couldn’t be easier, it’s all made in 1 pot, takes just a few minutes, and is made with the simplest of ingredients. You’ll love this meatless meal for any season or occasion. You can serve this stew over rice or quinoa for extra protein, then your meal is complete for you to eat.
So here is the best comforting and hearty Chickpea Stew. Made with simple ingredients from basic ingredients with an amazingly delicious taste that will keep you coming back for more.
Enjoy as a meatless weeknight meal or as a healthy meal prep recipe.
- 1.5 cups Rice of choice
- 1 piece Onion chopped
- 2 pieces Garlic Cloves minced
- 1" piece Fresh Ginger minced
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 1 piece Zucchini chopped
- 15 ounces Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 14 ounces Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric ground
- ⅛ teaspoon Red Chile Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Mint chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Separate Swiss chard leaves from stems. Roughly chop keeping stems separate from leaves.
- In a Dutch oven/stockpot over medium high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil, sauté the onion approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the Swiss chard stems and continue to sauté another 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil then stir in zucchini, chickpeas, turmeric and red chili pepper flakes.
- Return to boil then stir in Swiss chard leaves. Cook until the vegetables are bright green and tender, approximately 8 minutes. Taste, and add additional salt to suit.
- Serve stew over rice. Sprinkle with mint leaves and additional chili pepper flakes if desired.