With Balsamic Glaze
These easy pinwheels are big on delicious Mediterranean flavor.
You are bound to enjoy this refreshing and Super Easy Harvest Vegetable Pinwheels with Balsamic Glaze. These vegetable Crescent Dough Sheets roll-ups are light, quick, fresh, and super easy to make. Not only do they taste phenomenal, but they are full of color and vegetable loaded, so they are healthy too. Make them for a quick snack or an easy lunch idea.
It’s so simple to get everyone on board with eating their veggies when you are serving so vibrant and delicious. Even the kids will gobble them up without complaining or arguing. I make these pinwheel appetizers as a starter to many dishes, but we even eat it for lunch as well.
Pack these easy pinwheels for lunch, picnics, or bring them to that summer potluck you were planning on attending.
This pinwheels recipe is the perfect finger food for your next gathering!
Harvest Vegetable Pinwheels with Balsamic Glaze
- 2 piece Shallots diced
- 2 piece Cloves Garlic minced
- 5 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- ½ piece Medium Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch Kale destemmed and leaves chopped
- 2 packages Crescent Dough Sheets (Pillsbury is vegan)
- Cook butternut squash 10 to 15 minutes in boiling water or 5 minutes in instant pot with natural release. Mash, with 1 Tbsp vegan butter (optional), season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, sauté the shallots in a little oil for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt to the pan and cook for 5-10 more minutes, until the mushrooms begin to turn brown and fragrant. Add the red wine to the pan. Allow the vegetables to continue to cook until the wine evaporates. Set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean, return to heat with a bit of oil. Sauté kale for about 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Add 1/4 cup water, cover then steam until water is evaporated. Continue to cook kale for another minute or 2. Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent sheet on cutting board. Spread half the mashed butternut squash over the dough leaving 1 inch of the edge uncovered.
- Sprinkle half the kale on top of the squash followed by half the mushroom mixture. Carefully roll up the crescent sheet with the uncovered part last.
- Slice crescent dough roll into 1.5 inch pieces. Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Reform each into circular pinwheel before baking.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving. Repeat steps 5 through 7 with 2nd crescent roll sheet.