Homemade Sticky Orange Soy Curls recipe sitting on a bed of white rice and topped with sesame seeds and sliced scallions.
If you have not heard of soy curls yet, you are in luck! These Sticky Orange Soy Curls are an all-natural alternative to meat that is heart-healthy, delicious and easy to use.
The Soy Curls are made from select, non-GMO, whole soybeans (SOY), grown without chemical pesticides. They are 100% natural, contain the whole soybean, high in protein, a good source of fiber, gluten-free, vegan, grown & made in the USA, 0 trans fats, no sodium, no cholesterol, and no chemical pesticides.
This Sticky Orange Soy Curls is so much better than Panda Express and only takes 30 minutes to prepare.
Perfect for a quick dinner after school or work.
Sticky Orange Soy Curls
- 1.5 cups Rice Of Choice
- 1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Large Navel Orange
- 3 tablespoon Tamari
- 1.5 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar(Turbinado, Coconut or Cane)
- 3 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 bag Butler Soy Curls
- 4 cups Vegetables green beans, carrots, pea pods, peppers
- 3 Green Onions
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Soak soy curls in very hot water for 10 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- While rice is cooking, slice vegetables and scallions. Zest orange into a small bowl. Juice the orange into the bowl, then add the minced ginger, minced garlic, tamari, rice vinegar, and sugar. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sesame seeds, 2 Tbsp water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the soy curls and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add 2 Tbsp oil. Once hot, add the soy curls and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Return skillet to stove over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add vegetables except for green onions, stir fry 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook until crisp-tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- Return soy curls to skillet. Add the orange sauce and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve sticky orange soy curls and vegetables over rice. Sprinkle with sliced scallions and additional sesame seeds if desired.