With Coconut Milk
So Simple Rice Pudding is a kind of recipe that is quick and easy recipe that can be eaten hot or cold. It’s a comforting dessert!
Commonly, rice pudding is simply rice cooked in sweetened milk. As the rice cooks, it lets off starch that thickens the milk and suspends the tender grains of rice, contributing to its creaminess.
With a bowl of warm rice pudding is like a comforting hug on your dark and dreary day. It’s fragrant, creamy but not too rich, subtly sweet, and easily adaptable for your mood.
The ingredients work really well for each other. The combination of the ingredients creates a wonderful flavor for rice pudding. This simple rice pudding will be one of your favorites, most certainly because it makes a bunch and even your kids will absolutely love it.
It truly is one of the easiest puddings you can ever make, starting with a short ingredient list and an infinite number of ways you can customize it!
- 1/2 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom (or nutmeg if preferred)
- 3 cups Plant Milk unsweetened
- 14 ounces Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Stir all ingredients together in a baking dish. (I used a Dutch oven)
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour (pudding will be very wet). Remove and let stand for 30 minutes, stir then let stand another 30 minutes before serving.
- If cold pudding desired, let cool to room temperature, cover then refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.