With Cilantro Sauce & Toasted Coconut
These Curried Cauliflower Chickpea Wraps are a healthy make-ahead meal! Easily vegan and gluten-free, made with warming Indian spices.
These wraps are super fast to whip up – they can be on the table in only about 35 minutes. Then those vegetables are roasted to enhance their flavor and they turn into nothing other than pure vegetable candy. That’s pretty much it! It’s actually a super basic recipe when it comes down to it.
Let’s make some cauliflower chickpea wraps, shall we?
Cauliflower Chickpea Wraps
- 1 Ginger Fresh
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 Red Onion
- 8 ounces Cauliflower Florets
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot Starch
- 1 Lemon
- 1 bunch Cilantro Fresh
- 1/4 cup Vegan Yogurt
- 4 Wraps
- 3 tablespoons Shredded Coconut
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (205 °C). Peel and mince 1 tsp of the ginger. Mince the garlic. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Peel and thinly slice the red onion. Halve the lemon.
- Coat a baking sheet with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. In a large bowl, combine the minced ginger, garlic, the juice from half the lemon, chickpeas, sliced red onion, cauliflower florets, garam masala, arrowroot starch, and 1/2 tsp salt. Transfer to the baking sheet and roast in the oven until cauliflower is tender and browned in places, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chop the cilantro leaves and tender stems. In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the wraps in foil and pop them into the oven to warm about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the shredded coconut. Toast, shaking the pan frequently until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the baby spinach and roasted vegetables between the warm wraps. Lay the cauliflower chickpea wraps on large plates and drizzle with the cilantro sauce.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.