This curry is the perfect compromise. Simply Creamy Sweet Potato Curry, which is hearty but won’t weigh you down, is swimming in a creamy coconut milk broth that’s rich with Jalapeno and spicy ginger.
It will get us pretty excited around these parts. I added the vegetables I had in my crisper (red pepper, green beans, and summer squash) to create a colorful dish. The past week we’ve been testing it and then shooting it so we’ve been eating a lot of curries. And it’s been totally divine!
Simply Creamy Sweet Potato Curry! This is a healthy curry recipe that is vegan (dairy-free), and easy to make in 1-pot on the stovetop. It’s a wonderful comfort meal for dinner which is also great for meal prep.
Simple Sweet Potato Curry
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Red Pepper cut in 1" pieces
- 8 ounces Green Beans cut in 1" pieces
- 1 Yellow Squash cubed
- 1 tablespoon Ginger minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Rice Of Choice
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- Peel and cook sweet potatoes in a pot covered with water. Boil until fork tender approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a skillet over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Add curry powder, mustard seeds, and coriander and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly so not to burn. Add onions, ginger, garlic, and the diced jalapeño cook for 1 minute then add red pepper and green beans. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for another 3 minutes. Add coconut milk and 1 tsp salt, simmer on a low boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- When fork tender, drain the sweet potatoes and add potatoes, and summer squash to the sauté pan. Stir to combine, and continue to cook over low heat until heated through approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro leaves and lemon juice. Serve over rice.