With Vegan Parmesan Cheese on Top
The only Fettuccine Alfredo recipe you’ll ever need to complete your day!
Simple Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most basic and delicious pasta recipes and it couldn’t be easier to make.
The traditional fettuccine Alfredo is packed with fats while lacking in nutrients. The vegan version is just as delicious as the traditional one (maybe even more!) but it is much more nutritious as it has veggies and nuts sneaked into it.
This recipe makes a spectacular pasta and decadent sauce that you will surely love. Note that the creamy sauce is filled with healthy plant based ingredients that will make it a winner with everyone from kids to meat lovers: it’s just that good!
This recipe will become your favorite easy comfort food dinner. It is so delicious and very comforting even on a rainy day!
- 12 ounces Fettuccine
- 1 piece Yellow Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 12 ounces Silken Tofu package
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 piece Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Grated Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley chopped
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1Tbsp vegan butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook until softened, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cooked garlic and onions, silken tofu, juice from 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup water, nutritional yeast and 1 tsp salt. Blend until smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add sauce to skillet along with vegan parmesan cheese. Cook until thickened slightly and vegan parmesan cheese has melted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir fettuccine into skillet and continue to cook until heated through and pasta is well coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, ground black pepper and vegan parmesan before serving.