Here’s another ready in 30 minutes or less recipe.
Since I found vegan gnocchi at Trader Joe’s and knew I had to find a worthy recipe. Then this recipe comes to mind!
This pizza could technically be done on the grill using a pizza stone or baked in the oven. We baked ours today.
Cooking the gnocchi in its creamy, garlicky, white wine and mushroom sauce means that it isn’t just coated in the sauce, it is totally infused with the flavors.
This one is not only simple and quick, but it’s also rich tasting and filling because of potatoes! And what’s more, one-pot cooking saves on washing up too. Excellent all round.
Simple Gnocchi Florentine
- 8 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 1 package Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1/3 cup Sherry Wine or red wine
- 1.5 teaspoon Chicken Flavored Broth Concentrate
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the walnuts. Toast, shaking the pan frequently, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the toasted walnuts to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add the sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook until browned in places, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, minced shallot, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the butter to the skillet with the mushrooms, increase the heat to high, and add the cooked gnocchi. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned in places, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sherry wine to the skillet with the gnocchi and cook for 1 minute. Add the reserved pasta water and broth concentrate. Stir well, bring to a boil, and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the baby spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve topped with walnuts.