Sheet pan suppers are all the rage and with good reason; simple prep, easy cleanup. One pan, one dish, dinner’s done.
These easy roasted vegetables will give your plate a pop of color. Give the cubes of squash a head start for 10 minutes to soften in the oven before adding in the other veggies. The carrots, potatoes, and cauliflower are naturally more tender than the butternut squash and cook more quickly.
Mixed vegetables are tossed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and herbs du provence in a small bowl , then roasted until perfectly tender and charred.
Simple Sheet Pan Veggies
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 2 tablespoons Cashew Butter
- 2 cloves Cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 cup Grain of Choice optional as accompaniment
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Herbs De Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt & Pepper to Taste to taste
- 1 beets, carrots, potatoes, sunburst/pattypan squash, purple cauliflower, green beans, zucchini, mushrooms each vegetable
- Heat oven to 425°F. Cook grain according to package directions. Cut vegetables into chunks.
- Soak macadamia nuts in 2/3 cups hot water. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and herbs de Provence in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender combine macadamia nuts and their soaking liquid, cashew butter, garlic, Tumeric and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.
- Toss beets with a little of the oil and vinegar mixture then bake on a large pan for 10 minutes. Toss squash, carrots, potatoes and cauliflower with a little more oil and vinegar mixture.
- Add to sheet pan with beets then continue to cook for 15 minutes. Finally, toss the green beans, zucchini, and mushrooms with remaining oil and vinegar mixture. Add to pan of vegetables and continue to roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve vegetables over rice/grain topped with cashew-turmeric sauce.