With Mushrooms & Peas in Tarragon Cream Sauce
This creamy, delicious dish will win over meat-eating family members!
For a vegetarian and vegan main dish, try this easy homemade Simple Chick’n In Puff Pastry recipe filled with Mushrooms & Peas in Tarragon Cream Sauce.
You’ll find that this vegan dish with vegan chicken is just as hearty and filling as any other recipe yet much lower in fat and completely cholesterol-free.
The puff pastry taste like real chicken puff pastry but is 100% animal-free with the most delicious sauce I’ve ever had in a homemade puff pastry.
This Simple Chick’n In Puff Pastry is one of my biggest vegan recipe wins!
Simple Chick’n In Puff Pastry
- 6 Puff Pastry Shells
- 4 cups White Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 box No Evil Comrade Cluck chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/3 cup Vegan Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Flavored Vegan Broth
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare pastry shells according to package directions.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook No Evil seitan and onions until browned, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat with vegan butter. Once melted, saute mushrooms, until lightly browned approximately 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the broth and wine stirring continuously until boiling. Boil for 2 minutes. Add peas, tarragon and nutmeg, and coconut milk. Return to boil then lower the heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve into and around the pastry shells.