Don’t save this Savory and Simple Sweet Potato Scramble just for breakfast. This hearty Savory and Simple Sweet Potato Scramble is ideal for lunch or dinner, too. Serve with a toasted English muffin and fruit salad or glass of OJ.
This Wholesome Simple Sweet Potato Scramble breakfast brings produce forward comforts together in one savory dish.
Straight from the source produce often tastes much more flavorful and just makes you feel good!!!
Savory Sweet Potato Scramble
- 1 Sweet Potato quartered & thinly sliced
- 1 box Extra Firm Silken Tofu
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 3 cups Spinach chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Salt kala namak
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute sweet potatoes in a little oil or vegan butter(I used both) for approximately 8 to 9 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. During the last minute of cooking, add chopped green onions. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, remove silken tofu from the package into a bowl, then mash gently with a fork. Season with tumeric, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix gently.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add additional oil if needed. Cook tofu undisturbed for 5 minutes so the bottom can brown a little. Stir tofu and continue to cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Return sweet potatoes and green onions to tofu in skillet. Add chopped spinach and 2 Tbsp of water. Cover until spinach wilted and water evaporated. Stir scramble to mix. Add black salt and stir to combine. Serve with hot sauce if desired.