With Maple-Dijon Cream
Short on time and dread doing dishes? No need to worry. This simple one skillet dinner makes your life easy!
Get some extra veggies into your dinner with this Vegan Sausage Skillet Dinner with Maple-Dijon Cream. They’re easy, healthy and require minimal clean up.
It only used Field roast sausages paired with baby potatoes, cabbage, vegetable broth and carrots seasoned with caraway, then drizzled with Maple-Dijon.
The ingredients work really well together. The combination of the ingredients creates a wonderful flavor. You will surely like this recipe because there really isn’t any extra cooking required. It covers all the protein, carbs and healthy fats we like to balance out at dinner.
This recipe was so fun to create and is full of flavors especially when you love getting creative with veggies and sauce that you normally use!
Vegan Sausage Skillet Dinner with Maple-Dijon Cream
- 4 pieces Field Roast Sausages sliced
- 1 pound Baby Potatoes trimmed & quartered
- 2-3 pieces Carrots peeled & sliced
- 4 cups Cabbage chopped
- 1 piece Onion roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Caraway or fennel seeds
- 3/4 cups Vegetable Broth or water
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Combine maple syrup, vegan mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Add a pinch of salt and mix. Set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat with 1Tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add the sausages and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned on both sides, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 2Tbsp oil. Add carrots, onions, potatoes and cabbage. Sprinkle with caraway seeds, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add broth/water, cover and reduce heat to medium. Allow vegetables to steam until tender, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Return the sausage to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve drizzled with maple Dijon cream.