With Vegan Feta, Dates and Walnut
Looking for the perfect oven-roasted mixed vegetable recipe for a healthy family dinner side dish?
Here’s a chance to get those yummy winter veggies in one more time. Try this one!
Roasted butternut squash mash becomes the base sauce for these flatbreads, then topped with vegan feta cheese, roasted maple-glazed brussels sprouts, red onions, Medjool dates and walnuts. Sweet and savory to delight your tastebuds.
Heat up your oven and toss everything together into a healthy and simple vegetable side dish to accompany any meal. It’s also the perfect light side dish for your Christmas meal. And with nothing more than vegetables, butter, maple syrup and a bit of salt and pepper, this side dish is suitable for those on a gluten-free diet.
Roasted Maple-Glazed Veggies Flatbread
- 2 Naan Bread
- 2 cups Peeled And Cubed Butternut Squash cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1.5 cups Brussels Sprouts, Trimmed sliced in half or quartered
- 1/4 Red Onion roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 4 Medjool Dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts roughly chopped
- 2 ounces Vegan Feta Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Chopped Parsley For Serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss cubed butternut squash with 1Tbsp olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Place on one side of a baking sheet. Toss brussels sprouts with 1 Tbsp oil and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper and place on another side of the baking sheet. Bake until squash is fork-tender and brussels sprouts are lightly browned. About 18-20 minutes.
- Tossing halfway through cooking. Toss onions in 1 tsp olive oil then add to baking sheet with vegetables during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Mash butternut squash well in a bowl. Add a little vegetable broth or non-dairy milk, 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency.
- Brush Naan with a little olive oil. Spread the butternut squash mash evenly over the Naan bread. Top with vegan feta cheese, brussels sprouts, onions, and dates. Sprinkle with a small amount of crushed red pepper flakes & Himalayan sea salt. Bake in the oven until heated through, approximately 7 minutes.
- Add walnuts then continue to bake for a few more minutes until the walnuts begin to brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.