With Confetti Coleslaw, Quinoa & Black Beans
This recipe is proof that vegetable side dishes don’t have to be boring. Or, to put it in other words, that there are tasty ways to prepare what could be a boring vegetable for a side dish.
Because let’s face it, sometimes carrots can be pretty mundane just plain on the side of your main dish.
Am I right?
Introducing Roasted Chipotle Carrots.
Roasted Chipotle Carrots
- 2 bunches Rainbow Carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Agave teaspoon
- 3/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 Lime zested
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Coleslaw Blend
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 1/4 cup Peppadew Peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup Vegan Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 can Black Beans
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper if available. Combine agave, 2 tsp vegetable oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and chipotle powder. Mix well then coat the carrots. Roast until tender and browned in places, about 25 to 28 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions while carrots are roasting.
- In a large bowl, combine the juice from half the lime, minced garlic, half the chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 2 tsp olive oil. Whisk to combine. Add the coleslaw blend, corn, and peppadew peppers. Toss the slaw until well coated.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, cumin, remaining lime juice, and ¼ tsp salt. Stir the cumin yogurt to combine.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Add the beans to the cooked quinoa along with the lime zest and remaining chopped cilantro. Stir well to combine, taste, and adjust salt as necessary.
- Divide the black bean quinoa between plates. Top with confetti slaw and chipotle roasted carrots. Drizzle plates with cumin yogurt.