With Sweet Baby Peas
A one pot wonder? Or a one pot miracle?
The flavor of this one pot mushroom tetrazzini makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. It is the most comforting dish I can possibly imagine, perfect for all the cold winter days. All I could think of was a big bowl of this amazing one pot meal! It is so damn delicious, I could not stop eating it.
Easy peasy, emphasis on the peas.
One Pot Mushroom Tetrazzini
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Plant Milk
- 9 ounces Spaghetti
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Panko Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 bunch Parsley Chopped
- Preheat oven 450 °F (233 °C).
- Using an oven proof pot, saute mushrooms and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil, approximately 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter. Add flour to create a roux, cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add vegetable broth and plant milk, stirring to blend, bring to a boil.
- Break spaghetti in half, add to the pot, then bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes stirring frequently to keep pasta from sticking.
- Add mushrooms and peas. Bring back to boil, cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Combine nutritional yeast and Panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Dab top of the top of casserole with slivers of butter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes uncovered. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).