The veganized version of traditional butter tarts is here!
Vegan Butter Tarts is easy to make. Vegan Butter Tarts is perfect for your special occasions. Your weekend will be complete with Vegan Butter Tarts.
Butter tarts are about the same size as muffins, but the flavors are completely original or different and the recipe for Vegan Butter Tarts will surely make you realize that with it’s delicious and rich flavor.
This recipe tastes just like the classic version of your Canadian friends know and love!
Vegan Butter Tarts are sticky, sweet, and downright delicious. Vegan Butter Tarts recipe uses vegan ingredients while still tasting like the original. Vegan Butter Tarts recipe is one of the best you will taste.
Vegan Butter Tarts is the option of having a runnier or thicker filling, as many have a preference one way or the other, and you can optionally top the tarts with pecans or walnuts, if you desire. It’s your choice!
Vegan Butter Tarts
- 12 pieces Premade Pastry Shells or pie shells cut to shape cupcake tin
- 1/3 cup JUSTEGG
- 2 teaspoons Arrowroot Starch
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar lightly packed
- 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Pecans (optional) chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wisk together JUSTEGG and arrowroot powder/starch, set aside.
- Wisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, vegan butter, JUSTEGG mixture, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- In each pastry lined cupcake sprinkle raisins (and pecans if using) in a single layer. Fill pastry shells 2/3 full with mixture.
- Bake on bottom shelf of oven at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes. Mixture will bubble up and overflow onto pastry; this makes the pastry crispy and sweet.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before using a knife around the edge of each tart to remove from pan. **center will firm up if left to sit for 6 hours or overnight but good luck waiting.