Don’t you love when the recipe title is also the ingredient list? I do. This Skillet Sausage and Potatoes is about as simple and delicious as it gets!! It is full of healthy ingredients and is quick to fix.
A kind of dish is as easy (and delicious) as a weeknight dinner gets. This is the perfect meal for the busy family. I prepare this on weekday nights when the evenings are full of homework, laundry, and blogging.
With it being so busy this time of year, I like to have some easy dinner recipes for my family such as this Quick and Easy One-Skillet Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers which will take minutes to prepare and then you can just shove it in the oven to cook while you do other things!
Skillet Sausage, Potatoes & Peppers
- 1 pound Potatoes sliced into wedges
- 2 Vegan Italian Sausages thickly sliced
- 1 Large Onion sliced into thick slices
- 1 Large Green Pepper cut into thick chunks
- 1/4 cup Water or vegan broth
- 3 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Seasoning (Recipe Included) or seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds optional
- Boil potato wedges in a pot covered in 1" water, for 5 minutes. They should still have a good bite. Drain and place in refrigerator until step 4.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook vegan sausages in 1 Tbsp oil until browned on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove to a medium bowl.
- Add onions and peppers and sauté for about 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt & pepper.
- Add water or broth, fennel seeds(optional) and stir to loosen up any brown bits from the pan. Pour this mixture in the bowl with the sausages.
- Add vegan butter to the pan and add all-purpose seasoning or seasoned salt and paprika. Place potatoes in butter mixture and toss lightly to coat both sides then cook until potatoes are browned and cooked through, turn over once to brown both sides.
- Add the sausage, peppers, and onions back with the potatoes and stir lightly without breaking up the potatoes and serve.