With Coconut Tumeric Sauce
Quick and Easy Cauliflower Quinoa Meatless Balls with Coconut Tumeric Sauce – A succulent vegetarian dinner idea and a great way to try some new spices.
As for these meatballs, they’re AMAZING and vegan and gluten-free and dairy-free and very meatball-like considering they contain zero meat. In fact, they’re made from cauliflower and quinoa and are crazy simple to whip up.
Imagine this: your new favorite vegan meatballs recipe, with the best texture, slathered in a very savory and comforting coconut tumeric sauce. That’s exactly what you’re going to get with this recipe.
These Quick and Easy Cauliflower Quinoa Meatless Balls will be a HIT at your next party! They are incredibly easy to make, coated in coconut tumeric sauce and so meal preppable!
Cauliflower Quinoa Meatless Balls
Enjoy a meatball meal and whip up these Quick and Easy Cauliflower Quinoa Meatless Balls. With only a few and simple ingredients, they're kind of a no-brainer!
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa cold
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro or Parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil to pan fry the meatballs
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Root grated (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth or water
- 1 Lime zest
- 1/2 Lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- Combine ground flax seeds with 6 Tbsp water and 2 tsp olive oil. Set aside for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, combine remaining meatball ingredients (except the vegetable oil for pan-frying) in a large bowl. Mix in flaxseed & oil mixture and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onions and carrots(optional) cook over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes. Add turmeric, salt, black, and Aleppo pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add coconut milk, lime juice, and vegetable broth and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes
Add chopped cilantro and lime zest, remove from heat and set aside
- Prepare the meatballs, using 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture at a time, form about 22 meatballs. Heat oil in a skillet and cook over medium heat, 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Once meatballs are browned, place the meatballs in the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes (if the sauce has thickened too much, you can add a little water to get the desired consistency)