With Tomatillo Salsa
Have you ever had a pizza made out of Garbanzo bean flour? Its Gluten-free, packed with protein, and really tasty. Just wait until you taste how this garbanzo bean flour makes the best crust for skillet pizza! I know you’re going to love this Protein-Packed Mexican Socca.
If this dish were on a restaurant menu I would order it over and over again. And I know that you will just feel the same way once you tasted this dish.
A tad bit spicy and perfect for any Fiesta! Gluten-free, packed with protein, and really tasty, garbanzo bean flour makes the best crust for our Mexican skillet pizza.
- 1 1/4 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 4 ounces Tomatillo chopped
- 1 Jalapeño deseeded and minced
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Vegan Cheese
- 1 handful Baby Arugula roughly chopped
- Wisk together garbanzo bean flour, 1 cup water, 1 tbsp olive oil and ⅛ tsp salt and set aside.
- Dice just 2 Tbsp onion (slice the rest and set aside). Combine the diced onion, diced tomatillos, chopped cilantro, minced jalapeño, the juice from half the lime, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- In a ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, saute the sliced onion and corn kernels a little oil and as much of the chipotle powder as you’d like for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Set the oven to broil on low. Wipe the skillet clean. Return skillet to stove over high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Once hot, whisk the batter again, add to the hot skillet, and tilt to cover the entire pan. Cook, undisturbed, until socca begins to bubble, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven to broil until crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Once the socca is browned on the edges, remove from the oven. Spread half of the ranch dressing over the crust. Top with roasted corn and onions, black beans and vegan cheese. Return socca pizza to the oven to broil until the cheese melts, approximately 4 minutes.
- Transfer onto a cutting board and top with chopped arugula, tomatillo salsa then drizzle with remaining ranch dressing. Slice and serve.