With Lemon Caper Sauce
This roasted root veggies and wild rice pilaf with lemon caper sauce is infinitely adaptable.
This roasted root veggies are combined with wild rice, then tossed in lemon caper sauce makes an easy dinner. It is worth noting that you can use any vegetables you have on hand.
This recipe consists of wild rice, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, pumpkin seeds, shallot, lemon, vegan butter, capers, and parsley.
A colorful, healthy roasted root veggie recipe that is bursting with so much flavors. This side dish roasts while you’re tending to the rest of the meal.
Whether you are vegan, vegetarian or just simply want to try something new, why not try this roasted root veggies and wild rice pilaf with lemon caper sauce?
It makes a perfect brunch or meal for you and for your loved ones during dinner. This recipe has an irresistible and savory flavor that is into everyone’s taste.
Try this recipe. It is easy, it’s fun, and it’s really delicious. This is the perfect dish for you and for your family.
The combination of the ingredients used to make the roasted root veggies with wild rice, pilaf with lemon caper sauce is really tasty. It is packed with flavors!
Roasted Root Veggies & Wild Rice Pilaf with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 1 cup Wild Rice
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts trimmed & halved
- 2 pieces Sweet Potatoes peeled & cubed
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 piece Shallot minced
- 1 piece Lemon zested
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook rice according to package directions. I used my instant pot rice to water ratio 1:1 for 23 minutes with natural release.
- Toss Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet for 20 minutes or until browned.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast pepitas until browned, shaking pan to prevent burning, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Sauté shallot until softened, approximately minutes.
- Add the vegan butter and capers, and stir until the butter has melted. Stir in juice from half the lemon, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer and then remove from the heat.
- Add roasted vegetables, lemon butter sauce and chopped parsley to rice. Toss gently to combine. Serve topped with toasted pepitas.