With Earthy Vegetables & Turmeric Cashew Sauce
The perfect forest bowl with earthy vegetables & turmeric cashew sauce.
When you feel cold in the winter, reach for a veggie bowl because they are hot! Veggie bowls are all the rage and it’s easy to see why. Your whole meal is in one bowl – the protein, the veggies, the grains, and the sauce. All the different flavors and textures combine to create one delicious, nutritious and fun meal.
Luckily, making a
- 3/4 cup Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 10 ounces Red Beets
- 4 ounces Oyster Mushrooms
- 6 ounces Curly Kale
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Cashew Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Hemp Seeds
- 4 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (219 °C). Combine the brown rice, 1 1/4 cups water, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and the water is absorbed about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place the macadamia nuts in a small bowl and add 1/3 cup of hot tap water. Peel the red beets and cut into small wedges. Add the beets to a baking sheet and toss with 2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast until beets are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork, about 22 to 24 minutes. Trim the oyster mushrooms and chop into large pieces. Destem the curly kale and roughly chop.
- To a blender, add the macadamia nuts and their soaking water. Peel and add the garlic, turmeric, cashew butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and a good pinch of salt. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary.
- Taste the turmeric cashew sauce and add more lemon juice or salt if you’d like. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tsp olive oil. Once hot, add the oyster mushrooms and cook until just tender and browned in places, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the chopped kale. Add 1/4 cup water to create some steam, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until bright green and just wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the brown rice between large bowls and top with roasted beets, oyster mushrooms, and sauteed kale. Drizzle with turmeric cashew sauce and sprinkle with hemp seeds. Serve with lemon wedges.