arro & Spinach
Feeling lazy? Here’s another nutrient-packed power bowl that cooks up quick.
This dish is a simple and flavorful one, loaded with my current favorite thing. Perfect when you don’t want to do a whole big thing this time of the year. All you need to do is throw the vegetables in the pan, grill the sausage and you’re done. So easy!
This skillet dinner is such a fabulous way to get your house smelling like autumn!
Apple Sage Sausage Skillet
- 1 cup Quinoa Farro
- 2 Vegan Apple Sage Sausages
- 4 ounces Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 Shallot
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Apple
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Herbs De Provence
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- Add the farro to a small saucepan and cover with cold water (the water should be at least 1 inch over the farro). Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until the grains are tender about 15 to 18 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Remove the apple sage sausage from the plastic wrapper and thinly slice into rounds. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crispy, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate.
- Slice the cremini mushrooms. Peel and mince the shallot. Mince the garlic. Dice the apple. Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the minced shallot, minced garlic, diced apple, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until the apple is caramelized in places, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the skillet and cook until the liquid evaporates, about 30 seconds. Add the cooked farro, dijon mustard and herb de provence, baby spinach, and French mustard and herb blend and toss well. Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top the skillet with the apple sage sausage. Divide the apple sage sausage skillet between plates.