With Carrots, Peas, Tomatoes & Spinach
It is very chilly there in your place? And, you’re ready for some warming soups and curries? Then made this easy lentil potato curry this weekend.
Warm up your day with a bowl full of easy and delicious lentil potato curry.
It is hearty, filling, and so warming. Your family will love this tasty, allergy-friendly dish. A delicious curry to welcome the colder weather and warm your cold day 🙂
This is a great potato-lentil curry recipe to make for your family because it has aromatic, super flavorful, one-pot curried stew made with kitchen staples. It is tasty and filling!
This potato-lentil curry is paired with carrots, peas, tomatoes and spinach that add to the flavor of potato-lentil curry. For sure, this recipe will be one of your family’s favorite dishes. Packed with protein, nutrients and goodness, this delicious curried casserole is a dish the whole family will enjoy tucking into.
This wonderful vegan one-pot curry contains red lentils, potatoes, tomatoes, and red onions and is flavored with coconut milk, vegan broth, and cumin.
This vegetarian and vegan potato-lentil curry dish is a full meal in itself. It is perfect for you and for your family and even for your guests!
Potato-Lentil Curry with Carrots, Peas, Tomatoes & Spinach
- 1 piece Large Red Onion chopped
- 2 pieces Carrots peeled & sliced
- 2 pieces Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger minced
- 2 teaspoons Coriander
- 1 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 pound Mini Potatoes (about 12), quartered
- ½ cup Red Lentils
- 14 ounces Diced Tomatoes can
- 14 ounces Coconut Milk can
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth (I used 'no chicken' flavor)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1.5 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sugar (brown/turbinado/coconut)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 piece Lime
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a Dutch oven, stockpot or skillet over a medium heat with 1 Tbsp oil, sauté onions and carrots for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili powder then cook 1 minute to release aromatics.
- Stir in the potato and lentils to coat with the spice mixture then add the canned tomatoes, coconut milk, broth, garam masala, salt and sugar. Bring to the boil, cover then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in peas and spinach and continue to simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro and juice from half the lime. Serve over rice with lime wedges and additional cilantro(optional).