With Mustard Greens & Parmesan
A dietary staple in Italian cuisine, cannellini beans bring tremendous flavor to this soup. Great quality ingredients don’t need and shouldn’t be covered up with fancy garnishes or extraneous flavors.
It’s a super healthy, nutritious, quick and easy meal which is ready in less than 15 minutes. A kind of recipe that is packed with flavor, healthy protein and fiber, and only contains a handful of ingredients. This is great if you are really busy and want to eat healthily.
Italian cannellini stew is one of those meals that you don’t forget quickly but a wonderful reminder to keep things simple in the kitchen whenever possible!
Italian Cannellini Stew
- 3 ounces Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 clove Garlic
- 6 ounces Vegan Sausage
- 1 can Cannellini Beans
- 1 teaspoon Herbs De Provence
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Lemon
- 6 ounces Zucchini
- 5 ounces Mustard Greens
- 1 bunch Basil Fresh
- Vegan Parmesan
- Peel and slice the carrot into thin rounds. Peel and chop the onion. Chop the celery. Mince garlic.
- Remove the vegan sausage from the packaging and slice into half-inch thick rounds. Place a large pot over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add the sausage and cook until browned, tossing occasionally about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, carrot, and celery and cook, until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, and add to the pot. Also add the herbs de provence, tomato paste, vegetable broth, and 2 cups water; stir to combine.
- Squeeze the juice from half of the lemon into the pot, dropping the lemon in the broth afterward. Bring stew to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Dice the zucchini. Remove the tough stems from the mustard greens and chop the leaves. Add the zucchini and mustard greens to the pot and simmer until vegetables are just tender about 3 to 5 minutes. Season the stew with 1 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Chop the basil leaves. Ladle the Italian cannellini stew into large bowls. Top with crispy sausage and chopped basil.
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan and serve with remaining lemon.