If you’re looking to take your roasted potato recipe to the next level, I highly recommend trying these Greek potatoes.
Lemony, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, full of flavor, tangy… these are some of the words I’d use to describe Not your Ordinary Greek-Style Roasted Potatoes. Every Greek household worth its salt has it’s own twist on “Patates Lemoniates.” Mine is no exception!
Simple and comforting lemon roasted potatoes with fresh garlic. My little twist: add a sprinkle of oregano!
Best Greek potatoes with lemon and garlic!
Greek Style Roasted Potatoes
- 3 pound Russet Potatoes peeled, cut into 1.5" cubes
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Oregano crumbled (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Flavored Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Oregano chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a large baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper and toss well to coat with the oil.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more. Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Turn broiler on high then broil the potatoes for 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano before serving.