with Cucumber Chickpea Salad & Miso Tahini
Delicious Mega Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. These are a filling and nourishing meal that are easy to make and kid-approved.
This recipe is probably one of my favorite meals ever. It’s vegan, healthy, fresh and ready in under an hour. It’s such a simple meal, but it packs a ton of flavor.
It’s basically a taco or burrito bowl, but instead of layering the ingredients over rice, you plop them into a baked sweet potato. And it makes a very satisfying meal, it’s pretty healthy and it’s all homemade.
These are surprisingly great for breakfast too!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 inches Cucumber cut into 1/4 moons
- 0.5 ounce Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 bunch Baby Broccoli
- 3 tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 1.5 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Rub each of the potatoes with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast, cut side down, until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Trim about 1 inch of the stems away from the baby broccoli and discard. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, sliced cucumber, parsley, just 1.5 Tbsp lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the white miso paste, tahini, white vinegar, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, and 3 tbsp water. Whisk the miso tahini until smooth.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Once hot, add the baby broccoli and 1/4 cup water to create some steam. Cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the sweet potatoes are ready, turn cut-side-up. Using a fork, mash the flesh a bit. Spread the miso tahini onto plates and top with the sweet potatoes. Stuff with baby broccoli and top with cucumber chickpea salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chili pepper flakes.