With Red Cabbage, Quinoa, Edamame & Crispy Onions
This recipe cooks up in record time. With very little prep and 15 minutes cooking time, dinner will be ready in less than half an hour. Say what?!
If you like exploring different vegetarian and vegan Thai food recipes at home, you’ll definitely want to give this simple and easy yellow Thai curry recipe a shot. It’s made with coconut milk, potatoes, broccoli, fresh ginger and plenty of spices.
An easy weeknight vegetarian dinner idea!
Yellow Curry Tofu
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 block Super Firm Tofu Pre-cut
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 ounce Fresh Ginger Minced
- 1 Lime
- 3/4 cup Edamame
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 bunch Cilantro Fresh
- 4 ounces Red Cabbage Shredded
- 1/4 cup Crispy Onions
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Drain the tofu, press liquid out. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Or use pre-cut super firm tofu.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add the cubed tofu and cook tossing occasionally, until browned on most sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and just half the minced garlic, toss, and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add the coconut milk, yellow curry paste and brown sugar to tofu and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, simmer 5 more minutes. Squeeze in juice from half the lime, stir and remove from heat.
- Once quinoa is cooked, combine the quinoa, remaining minced garlic, juice from remaining half the lime, edamame and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and toss.
- Divide cilantro lime quinoa between large bowls. Top with yellow curry tofu and red cabbage. Sprinkle with crispy onions.