With Cashews, Chickpeas, Carrots & Spinach
Do you love mangoes and coconut? Then you will love this spiced vegan curry with tofu! This curry has a sweet taste that is well balanced with all the spices and seasoning—a comforting curry for cold nights!
If you’ve never eaten a mango curry before, you have no idea what you’ve been missing. This simple summery stew is spicy, sweet, salty and savory, with a velvety smoothness that coats your tongue.
You might think it sounds strange to use mango in a curry, but it’s honestly what makes this one so delicious, as it adds just the right amount of juicy sweetness.
Cooked mango does sound strange, but adding it to this curry makes it become succulently tender whilst soaking up all the other flavors of the curry.
A vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free recipe.
Mango Coconut Curry
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger minced
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 can Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 2 Carrots sliced
- 1 Mango peeled & cubed
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews
- 6 ounces Spinach
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- Fresh Cilantro
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Rice Of Choice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, saute onions in 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add curry powder and Tumeric and continue to cook for another minute to release aromatics.
- Add remaining ingredients except for spinach. Bring to boil. Cover then simmer over medium-low heat until carrots cooked, approximately 12 to 13 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, return to boil then continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle with additional cilantro and lime(optional)