With Cucumber Chickpea Salad and Miso Tahini
This will become one of your favorite sweet potato recipes and it makes a filling and easy meal.
Crispy sweet potato skins with aromatic miso tahini topped with cucumber chickpea salad make for a really tasty, easy recipe. This short and snappy dish requires very little prep time and will soon become a regular weekly meal, as it really delivers on taste and all the family will enjoy it that will make its way to your table in no time.
The potatoes are surprisingly great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Simple & hearty. Oh so delish.
Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 bunch Parsley Fresh
- 6 ounce Gai Lan
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo Pepper Flakes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper To taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (219 °C). Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet. Rub each of the potatoes with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast, cut side down, until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Halve the cucumber lengthwise and thinly slice into half moons. Pick the parsley leaves. Trim about 1 inch of the stems away from the gai lan and discard. Chop the gai lan into bite-sized pieces. Halve the lemon.
- n a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, sliced cucumber, parsley, juice from half the lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Toss the cucumber chickpea salad to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the white miso paste, tahini, white vinegar, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 2 tbsp water. Whisk the miso tahini until smooth.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Once hot, add the gai lan and 1/4 cup water to create some steam. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season the gai lan with salt and pepper.
- Once the sweet potatoes are ready, turn cut-side-up. Using a fork, mash the flesh a bit. Spread the miso tahini onto large plates and top with the sweet potatoes.
- Stuff with gai lan and layer on the cucumber chickpea salad. Sprinkle the stuffed sweet potatoes with sesame seeds and as many Aleppo pepper flakes as you’d like.