With Sweet Potato & Cocoa Powder
It’s Chipotle Chili, and it’s exactly what the title says: Lifetime’s Best Chipotle Chili. Chipotle Chili is the easiest and fastest way to make chili at home,and so thick and luscious! It’s spicy, homemade, comfort food that will keep you warm and makes for a great one pot family dinner.
A satisfying combination of veggies and spices. Leftovers taste even better the next day!
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion Diced
- 1/2 cup Carrot Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 1/2 cup Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 Sweet Potato Diced
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Finely Chopped Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz with their liquid
- 4 cups Black Beans Cooked
- 1 tablespoon Salt and Pepper To taste
- Heat a medium frying pan to medium-high. Once hot, add corn kernels and cook, not stirring until they begin to char slightly. Toss and continue to cook until the kernels have a good grill on them. Set a side.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add sweet potato and peppers continue cooking 2 minutes more.
- Stir in spices and chipotles, then add tomatoes, beans, charred corn and 1 cup water. Gently simmer over low heat, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until the carrot and sweet potatoes are soft and then chili is thick and rich.