Want some BBQ but you want it to be sandwich Korean BBQ?
No need to worry. Then you are in the right place for that.
This recipe will serve as your comprehensive guide on how to make the most delicious Korean BBQ, Bulgogi Hoagies, at your home. With this, you can make mildly sweet, savory, smoky, juicy and tender, delicious bulgogi hoagies.
A super easy recipe for Korean BBQ bulgogi hoagies with flavorful ingredients!
The thin slices of meat cook quickly, and it’s so tender.
It was always a great treat for your family and guests, where they would be whip this up on those busy weeknights. If you love the taste of Korean BBQ, Bulgogi and warm sandwiches, then you’ll love today’s sandwich recipe. A sandwich of Korean BBQ bulgogi makes for a sandwich that pops with flavor.
If you’re looking for a way to cure any cravings you may have for a savory sandwich that doesn’t pull any punches, make this sandwich all on its own. It is a hearty vegan sandwich that truly satisfies your cravings.
This sandwich is full of flavor. It includes sweet and savory Korean BBQ, Bulgogi!!!
Korean BBQ Bulgogi Hoagies
- 1 pound Ground Plant Meat or thinly sliced seitan
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang Sauce
- 1" piece Fresh Ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Mirin or sherry
- 2 pieces Garlic Cloves minced, divided
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Applesauce (or grated pear)
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 piece Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 piece Green or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ piece Red Onion sliced
- 2 pieces Jalapeno Peppers deeded & sliced
- ⅓ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- 4 piece Hoagie Buns
- ½ cup Vegan Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 bunches Scallions sliced
- Sesame Seeds
- Make marinade for the seitan by whisking together soy sauce, gochujang, ginger, sugar, mirin, garlic, applesauce, sesame oil and pepper. Toss with sliced seitan to marinate for 1 hour to overnight (I suggest overnight).
- Combine vegan mayonnaise with chili sauce.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté sweet and jalapeno peppers and onions until softened, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and cook seitan, breaking it up while cooking, until well browned and charred in places, approximately 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Turn broiler on (or preheat air fryer to 350°) for 5 minutes. Assemble sandwiches by spreading a little chili mayonnaise on buns.
- Load seitan onto buns, then top with the cooked peppers and grated cheese. Broil (or air fry at 350°) for 3-4 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Drizzle sandwiches with remaining chili mayonnaise and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.