By shredding king oyster mushrooms, seasoning with spices, and baking, you can create a vegan mushroom pulled pork that rivals the real stuff!
The perfect pulled pork alternative for sandwiches, tacos, nachos…or whenever you need vegan pulled pork.
Grab a beer and let’s get to cooking the best vegan pulled ‘pork’ sandwich!
If you loved Pulled Pork Sandwiches as much as I did before going vegan, then this recipe is for you!
Thinly sliced king oyster mushrooms slathered in flavorful BBQ sauce make this meaty and chewy vegan pulled pork sandwich the perfect addition to any party.
The King Oyster Pulled (Pork) Sandwiches!!! Forget the grill and grab some buns!
King Oyster Pulled (Pork) Sandwiches
- 1 pound King Oyster Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon Beer optional
- 2 Buns
- 1.5 tablespoon BBQ or 'pork' seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven @400°F.
- Shred the mushrooms by running a fork along the fibres, away from the cap. Pull apart with fingers and place in a large bowl.
Toss with garlic, BBQ seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat with 1 Tbsp oil. Add mushrooms and cook until brown on all sides, stirring occasionally, approximately 8 minutes. Remove from skillet back to the bowl and toss with BBQ sauce (and beer if desired).
- Transfer mushrooms onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 15 minutes until browned and caramelized. Serve on toasted buns.