With Sauteed Greens & Avocado Citrus Salad
Goodbye crabcakes, hello fab cakes!
If you are looking for an easy and delicious recipe to impress your guests, look no further, this Crab Cake Recipe is always a winner.
This vegan twist on crab cakes is spot on taste wise. Hearts of palm replicate the texture and the seasonings replicate the flavor. I think this dish is perfect for any season of the year.
A very basic cake recipe to which you can add your own additions which
mimics the sweet flavor of crab meat infused with sauteed greens & avocado citrus salad.
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 can Hearts Of Palm
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Orange
- 2 Radishes
- 1 Scallion
- 4 ounces Kale & Chard Chopped
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Roughly chop the celery. Deseed and roughly chop the jalapeño. Combine the garbanzos, celery, as much of the jalapeño as you’d like, Old Bay seasoning, and just 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs in a food processor. Pulse until well combined, but not fully broken down about 10 to 12 pulses. Transfer the garbanzo mixture to a large bowl.
- Drain the hearts of palm and pat dry with a paper towel, roughly chop. Add just half the chopped hearts of palm to the bowl with the garbanzo mixture. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper and stir well.
- Form the fab cakes mixture into 6 patties and place in the refrigerator.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit, dice the flesh and add to a large bowl. Peel and chop orange into bite-sized pieces. Dice the radishes. Thinly slice the scallion.
- Add the chopped orange, diced radish, sliced scallion, remaining hearts of palm, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl with the avocado. Toss the avocado citrus salad.
- Add the remaining panko breadcrumbs to a plate and coat the fab cakes patties on both sides, pressing gently to coat. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the fab cakes and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the patties to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
- Return the skillet to high heat with 1 tsp vegetable oil. Add the chopped kale and chard, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 1/4 cup water. Cook until greens are just wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the sauteed greens and fab cakes between plates. Plate with the avocado citrus salad.